Sunday, July 6, 2008

4th of July Fun!

We had such a great day celebrating our nation's birth!! We went to a parade in Monmouth, and the kids had a great time watching and, of course, eating candy.  Caden saved alot, but Collin ate most of his by the time it was over.  Colson just had one at a time and was very content with that!  Then we had a BBQ with our friends the Arnolds, I painted flags and stars on the kids' faces, and then we went to the Salem Riverfront Park and watched the fireworks, which is always my favorite part of the day!  I love this holiday more and more every year.  Collin said he wants to be in a parade when he grows up.  Keep dreamin' big honey!!!  Dan asked Caden where he would choose to serve a mission someday if he could choose, and he said "Florida!  Then I could teach all the people at the Kennedy Space Center!"  I'm not sure where that came from, but I love to hear the funny things that are going through their bright little minds!!  Oh, today in church there was a guy doing sign language for another man, and I looked over and saw Collin trying to do it with him.  He didn't know I was watching him and he was very serious, so it was so hard not to laugh! He is such a goof ball!  I love these moments.  They make it all worth it!!!

6 comments:

Mary Kelly said...

What a fun 4th! My favorite is little Colson with candy in mouth- he is such a doll. I actually saw Collin doing his sign language too during the prayer (yes, I was peeking) and it was really cute.

Jenelle said...

Jodi and Dan!!
How cute all of your little guys are. My mom sent me your link and I have to admit I think about both of you a lot. Your boys are adorable and I bet keep the two of you on your toes! Jodi-are you coaching yet? I know some of your mother is in you somewhere, I just can't wait to hear the stories.
You guys seem to be doing really well, please know that someone in Montana thinks of you and wishes you nothing but the best!
Love,
Jenelle

Anonymous said...

What FUN to hear from Jenelle!!!
And Jodi, what a FUN Holiday your Family had... thanks for sharing the photos... Mama.

The Howard Family said...

Happy 4th! Looks like everyone had a great time! I'm sure you guys have lots of fun busy things going on for the summer.....see ya later.

Kourt said...

Hi Jodi-Found your blog through Mary's. Your boys are so cute! That invitation for us to show you around WHEN you come visit Utah is still open!--Kourtney

purplebleeder said...

Hey Jodi - I am not really sure how I found your blog (being nosy through friends' friends I am sure), but I am so excited to see you have one! Jess told me you are prego again, so congrats to you and your family. How is everything going for you guys?

Rebekah Hunter