Sunday, September 21, 2008

Family Fun at the Apple Orchard!

On Saturday, we drove to an apple orchard and the kids had a great time picking apples off the trees.  They were so excited about it.  At first they tried picking the ones off the ground, then they tried throwing them at each other, which you can imagine how long that lasted without crying, but finally they got the hang of it and started looking in the trees for the big ones with some red on them.  Colson was so cute when he would ask me if a certain one was a good one.  "This good one, Mom?" he would say.  Dan and I lifted Caden and Collin up high and helped them find some good ones to pick, so they loved it.  We ended up getting a few different kinds and came home with alot of fresh, crisp, juicy apples!!! Yum! You know what we'll be eating alot of in the next while!  On the way home the boys each ate an apple and enjoyed the fruits of their labor!

6 comments:

Brian, Stacey and Shelby said...

Looks like fun! Love the picture of Dan with all the boys.. so cute all lined up. Sorry Shelby and I missed you in Seattle. I hope your little guy is feeling better. Congrats on baby #4! :)

Baller family said...

Looks super fun! You have such a cute family! I can't wait to hear what you are having next! We will miss your family and are grateful for your friendship! Love you guys

The Arnold Family said...

What a great idea! I bet the apples are so good.

Katie said...

Cute pictures! Sounds like that was a really fun activity. I think it is so funny that they tried to have an apple fight. Awesome idea. We totally miss seeing you guys around...hope you are great.

Laura said...

Looks like a fun outing!! I love fall and all the activities with it. Apple picking is the best!

Mary Kelly said...

Where did you go to do apple picking? It looks like so much fun and Morgen's favorite food is apples so I feel like I am at the market every other day buying a few more to fill the fruit bowl.
Have you ever made homemade applesauce? I've heard it is super easy and yummy way to add to your food storage.